|International Vegetarian Union (IVU)|
5th European Vegetarian Union Congress
from EVU News, April 1995
Accommodation:Lodging and meals are reserved in the three-star Hotel Bratislava, located near the Congress centre, as well as in Hotel Astra.
Registration and Cancellation:The registration forms are accepted by June 30th, 1995. The fees (that are included on the application form) should be paid as soon as possible. Refund of 60% for cancellation by May 31st, 1995, will be paid. Until June 30th, the refund will be reduced to 40%. After June 30th, the refund is refused.
How to get to Bratislava?Bratislava is easily reached by plane (the nearest airports are either directly in Bratislava, or in nearby Vienna), coach, train, or car. The Congress Centre is a well-known building of Bratislava's CULTUS Cultural Centre, that can be reached by all means of public transport.
We want to prepare special surprise for all of you who come from the very first moment!
What can you expect?The week of the 5th European Vegetarian Union Congress will be filled with a variety of activities and events, including excursions, trips, workshops etc. All participants are welcome to attribute to the Programme. Please, do not forget TO BRING MAGAZINES, LEAFLETS, everything that might be of interest for others to display, sold or exchange.
...and bring your SMILE! You can expect the week of friendship, understanding and goodwill to serve each other.
Trips & Excursions:Participants will have possibilities to get to know the the art of Europe: they will discover Slovakia on their own by visiting many famous places, taking part in sightseeing tours in Bratislava, cruise on the Danube river, hiking in High Tatras etc. Guides speaking Slovak, English and German will join the participants taking parts.
Workshops:Will be held in English. One of them will be aimed at publishing vegetarian newspapers and magazines, as well as showing the participants how to use the information properly.
Social & Cultural Activities:There are many kinds of activities provided by the Organizing Committee, incl. Honor Banquet (fee: 55 US Dollars), concerts, Folk Dance Group Evening, sport activities (all of them are free of charge) etc. Translators and interpreters will be available too.
Exhibitions:The exhibitions will take place in the Congress centre.
1. Euro Veg Fair - the exhibition of products, goods, and technologies connected with vegetarian diet. EuroVegFair is an opportunity for estabilishing new trade contacts.
2. Exhibition of Vegetarian and Vegan Publications-, books, magazines, newspapers about vegetarian and vegan diets and lifestyles will be displayed in the Congresscentre.
Information:1. Public discussion in will be held in Istropolis, the largest lecture-room of Bratislava.
2. Databases of all the speakers, presentators and participants from the whole world are being created. After the registration, the guests of the Congress will have a free access to use these databases for their own purposes.
3. Press conferences with massmedia representatives invited will take place 3 times a week.
4. Congress Newsletter will be published by the Organizing Commitee.
5. Advertising campaign is planned to be published in many newspapers and magazines, TV and local radio stations. The details will be agreed soon.
What to do?Write us soon! There are some very attractive parts of programme that might be canceled when you apply late! Do not miss your chance of joining 100% CONGRESS FOR 70% PRICES! Please let us know your questions or any special requirements you might have.
We expect your interest at the below address:
Vegetarianska spolocnost, Prazska 9 811 04, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
tel/fax: +42 - 7 - 496 884