Vegetarian World Forum
No. 3 Vol. IX - Autumn 1955
A VEGETARIAN WORLD
Hitherto life has been motivated by sensual satisfaction. In the vegetarian
era intellectual and emotional gratifications will be enhanced. The mathematicians
Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein found life in the Universe far more enthralling
and satisfying than the most expert gourmet. Education will continue throughout
life and will bring out the great talents and beauties latent in all persons.
Here are a few of the outstanding characteristics of the vegetarian man
of the future:
- He or she will be far more efficient mentally
- His or her emotions will be richer as a result of good nutrition and
specific training. The emotions are capable of enormous development
and are a big cause of happiness or unhappiness.
- The speech of the next higher man will be beautiful, clear and coloured
with feelings of understanding, sympathy and sincerity.
- This higher evolved human will be endowed with aesthetic talents far
beyond present average levels. Almost everyone will be a gifted painter,
musician, singer, orator, actor, author, etc.
- Man will be devoid of hate, anger and irritation.
- He or she will be more charming, hansomer, and infinitely healthier
than to-day's average.
- The new human will possess fine social gifts skilled in the art of
inspiring and delightful conversation, have congenial manners and an
instinctive urge for mutual aid rather than personal gain.
A completely vegetarian world will provide :
- Social security for every person on earth.
- The abolition of war for ever.
- A two-sex legislative body for every country. At each election, municipal
and regional state or national the voter will be compelled to mark two
X's, one for a female candidate, the other for a male candidate. That
alone will be a tremendous step towards abolishing war. Women must cease
to be indifferent to politics, they must share equally with men a duty
of governing the world.
- Higher education will include maximum brain and emotional development
for all with emphasis on the growth of the aesthetic faculties. Aesthetic
development nurtures the democratic instincts, strengthens the moral
faculties and aids in preserving good health. Millions of future citizens
will refuse meat because it is loathsome to the eyes.
Vegetarian World Forum Index