Vegetarian World Forum
THE 15th WORLD VEGETARIAN CONGRESS
will be held in
(date to be advsed later)
THE INTERNATIONAL VEGETARIAN UNION
(President: Mrs. Clarence Gasque, U.S.A.)
in partnership with
THE BOMBAY HUMANITARIAN LEAGUE
Secretary Mr. J. N. MANKAR
149 Shroff Bazar, Bombay 2, India
Under the chairmanship of Mrs. Rukmini Devi Arundale
WORLD FORUM - No. 3 Vol.
X - AUTUMN 1956
- Edgar J. Saxon 1878-1956
- Readers' Forum
- Herbs for the Children - Kenneth Rawnsley
- Editorial : Wisdom and Selflessness
- Peace Pilgrim - Woodland Kahler [future President of IVU]
- The City of Tomorrow - Bernard Malan
- "The Light which Lighteth Every Man" - M. Beddow Bayly,
- The Universal Hypnosis - Esme Wynne-Tyson
- Ritual Slaughter - James Burnet, M.A., LL.B.(Lond.), M.D., F.R.C.P.E.
- F.A.O. News
- The Plantmilk Society : Report on the inaugural meeting, held at Friends
House, Euston Road, London, N.W.1. in June 1956
- I.V.U. Notices see below
- Autumn Savouries - Fay Lancashire
- Plants Still Beat the Scientists - Elizabeth Cosgrave Reading
- Vegetarian Catering Association
- Treatment with Wheat Pip - Dr. Argyris Kouzas
(from p.40 - with the Congess notice above)
Message to I.V.U. Officers, Affiliated Societies Correspondents:-
Following the termination of Mr.Hanworth Walker's employment as paid secretary of the International Vegetarian Union, I have been asked by the President, Mrs Clarence Gasque, to act as Honorary Secretary for the time being, so that the work will not lapse.
My appointment has since received the approval of Messrs W.A.Sibly, J.Hough and G.L.Rudd who were asked by the last I.V.U. Executive Committee to find an Honorary Secretary.
I trust that, in this difficult situation, I may have your kind co-operation. It is understood, of course, that the arrangement will be re-considered at the next General Meeting of the I.V.U. In the meantime Mrs Gasque has generously agreed to maintain the Offices at 24, Binney Street, London, W.I.
May I assure you of my desire to help the International Vegetarian Union in every possible way. I shall be most grateful to have your news for publication in order to keep our contacts up to date with developments.
Your approval of my appointment will encourage me in this work, which I assure you is very dear to me.
Vegetarian World Forum Index