|International Vegetarian Union (IVU)|
Members and Supporters
Charter for IVU Internet Partners
An IVU Internet Partner can be any internet resource (web site, mailing list etc) that meets the criteria and wishes to be associated with IVU. There are no costs and partnership does not affect the independence of anyone involved. Internet Partners are not members of IVU but do gain certain benefits normally only available to members.
Criteria1. All operations of the on-line resource must be compatible with the policies and objectives of the IVU, ie 100% vegetarian or vegan.
2. The on-line resource must not be owned or maintained by any off-line organisation. Such organisations should join IVU in the normal way.
3. There should normally be more than one person contributing to the resource (this could be one person maintaining the site with others contributing recipes, articles etc). People putting up 'personal home pages' should join IVU as individual members in the normal way.
4. The resource must not be of a primarily commercial nature.
5. The resource must not require any payment for 'membership' or for any use it's services, everything must be free. Requests for voluntary contributions/donations may be allowable.
6. Only resources of good quality will be accepted. The resource must be kept up-to-date and maintain appropriate standards. Failure to do so will result in termination of the partnership.
CostThere are no financial costs involved as the Partners have no regular income. They are expected to display the IVU logo (as a link to the IVU pages) on their own main index page, stating that they are 'IVU Internet Partners'. The logo can be found on the IVU Logos page. If there is no web page, or a specific problem with the main index page, then an appropriate form of recognition can be discussed.
Benefits to Partners
Benefits for the IVU
If you would like to become an IVU Internet Partner contact John Davis - email@example.com