A simple and lovely dessert from West Africa.
- 8 medium bananas, cut in half lengthwise and then crosswise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons apricot brandy
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut or chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup soy cream (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine 1/4 cup of sugar with cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Roll banana pieces in cinnamon sugar and place in a 9 inch ovenproof dish.
Mix orange juice and brandy together and pour into dish with the bananas.
Bake 20 minutes, periodically basting the bananas with the juice.
Remove bananas from oven and sprinkle either coconut or peanuts on top.
If you like, mix together the soy cream and tablepoon of sugar. Serve on side as an optional garnish.