A delicious dish that can be served as a side or a vegetarian main course.
SERVES 4 -6
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
In a medium skillet heat the olive over medium heat; add the carrots and onion and cook in the hot oil about 5 minutes.
Add the salt, pepper, cumin, turmeric, and cabbage and cook another 15 to 20 minutes.
Stir in the potatoes; cover and reduce heat to medium-low; cook 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.