Moroccan Chickpea and Vegetable Stew
From: jamiephares, via fatfreevegan.com
This recipe is a life-saver on the Eat to Live program. You can eat it for any meal and you can eat as much of it as you want! It's delicious.
- Pam cooking spray
- 2 cups cubed zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots (optional)
- 3/4 cup mushrooms (any kind)
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained
Using cooking spray, sauté onion, carrot, mushrooms and garlic, then add broccoli ; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in broth and the rest of the ingredients; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Welcome to healthy eating! Fatfree Vegan Recipes has hundreds of delicious oil-free vegan recipes as well as information about healthy low-fat and fat-free vegan diets.