Moroccan Vegetable Hot Pot
Recipe adapted from America's Best Slow Cooker Recipes, Donna-Marie Pye
Serving Size : 6
- 2 carrots -- sliced
- 1 medium butternut squash -- peeled & cut into 1" cubes
- 1 medium onion -- chopped
- 1 19 oz can chickpeas -- rinsed & drained
- 1 19 oz can diced tomatoes -- with juice
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted prunes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- salt & black pepper to taste
- hot couscous
In slow cooker, combine carrots, squash, onion, chickpeas, tomatoes (with juice), stock, prunes, cinnamon, and red pepper flakes; stir to mix well.
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours, until all vegetables are tender.
Before serving, stir parsley into stew and season to taste with salt & pepper. Serve over hot cooked couscous.
Couscous: Stir 1 cup of couscous with 1 1/4 cup boiling water and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
Welcome to healthy eating! Fatfree Vegan Recipes has hundreds of delicious oil-free vegan recipes as well as information about healthy low-fat and fat-free vegan diets.