Recipe By: Exotishe Groenten
Serving Size: 4
Sprinkle eggplant slices with salt. Leave in a strainer for 30 minutes.
- 1 Kilogram eggplant -- cut in 1" slices
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves -- minced
- 1 Teaspoon ginger -- dried; ground
- 1 Tablespoon turmeric
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon -- ground
- 1/2 Teaspoon caraway seed -- ground
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper -- ground
- 250 Grams chickpeas -- cooked; drained
- 2 Deciliters water
Rinse in cold water and dry with a clean kitchen towel.
Fry eggplant in a frying pan until brown on both sides.
For this use 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
In a large cast iron pan heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
Saute chickpeas with garlic, ginger powder, turmeric, cinnamon,
caraway, and 1 teaspoon of salt.
Add water and bring to a boil.
Cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
Spread the eggplant slices over the chickpeas and leave for another