Ugandan Curried Potatoes
From: Um Safia
- 1 kg potato, peeled & parboiled
- 1 medium onion, peeled & finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon piri piri chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
Heat the oil and saute the onions. When they begin to turn golden, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add all of the ground spices gradually and stir fry for about 1 minute
Now add the tomato puree, lemon juice, parsley and salt to taste.
Cut the parboiled potatoes into 1/2" pieces & add to the rest of the ingredients. Stir well to distribute the sauce and add 3/4 cup of water.
Cook uncovered for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the sauce has reduced. (You should add a little extra water if the potatoes look a little dry whilst cooking).