From: Karen C.
Serving Size: 1
Cook the wheat berries in 2.5 cups of water (it will take about an
- 1 cup Uncooked hard wheat berries
- 2 Onions chopped
- 2 cups Cooked pinto beans
- 3 tablespoons (approx) cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (approx) chili powder
- 1 16 oz. jar picante sauce
- 2 14 5 oz. cans chili Tomatoes
- 1 4 5 oz. can green chilis
- 1 7 oz. can jalapeno relish
Combine the remaining ingredients and simmer while the wheat berries
Add the wheat berries when they are done and enjoy!
If the wheat berries do not absorb all the water, drain them before
adding to the chili.
They should be a little chewy.
I didn't measure the cinnamon or chili powder; the measurements
should be close though.
The pinto beans were fresh.