Ginger is not only delish, but great for digestion. The tofu could be replaced with any other meat substitute...yummy!
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon sliced garlic
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup slivered crystallized ginger
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 1 pound)
- 1 green pepper, sliced into 1/8-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt and black pepper.
Dredge tofu in the seasoned flour; shake off excess.
In a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat, cook garlic in hot oil about 10 seconds. Add tofu and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes, or until light golden.
Remove tofu to a plate.
Add broth, ginger, soy sauce and sweet potato to the wok and bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes, or until potato is just tender.
Return broth to a boil.
Add green pepper and tofu and cook, stirring, 2 minutes or until tofu is just cooked through and sauce has thickened slightly.
Sprinkle with cilantro.