Ken & Laura's
Amazing Impromptu Sweet-n-Sour Stir-Fry
From: Eric Hunt
Yield: 2 servings
- 1/4 c Chopped scallions
- 2 Cloves garlic, mincedd
- Canola oil (sesame oil would work well too)
- 1 c Snow pea pods, de-stringed
- 1 sm Yellow zucchini squash, sliced
- 1 1/2 c Broccoli (florets and stems, cut into small pieces)
- 12 oz Straw mushrooms
- 1/2 c Bean sprouts
- 1/2 c Water chestnuts
- 1/2 c Bamboo shoots
- 1/4 c Chopped red bell pepper
- 1 sm Can pineapple chunks (unsweetened, be sure to save the
- 1 sm Can mandarin orange slices
- 1 Ripe mango, peeled, seeded, and sliced
First to go in the wok was the oil, scallions, and garlic.
- 1 1/2 c Tamari
- Pineapple juice (leftover from the can)
- 3 tb Cornstarch (or enough to make desired thickness)
- 2 tb Water
- 2 ts Grated fresh ginger
Use enough oil so that it'll coat all the veggies but not make them
slimy (I'd say about 1/2 - 2/3 c.).
Heat these ingredients until the garlic starts to turn brown.
Then add the pea pods, squash, and broccoli.
Cook about 3-5 min.
Then add the bean sprouts, water chestnuts, bamboo, and peppers.
Cook for a few more minutes, until veggies are slightly tender but
still sort of crisp.
Then add the pineapple, oranges, and mango.
Cook about a minute, then add the sauce.
When the sauce starts bubbling, the stir-fry is done.
Serve over rice. Yum!