One-Pot Vegan Chinese Style Eggplant Rice
Easy, balanced, spicy and healthy in one pot!
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 large eggplant (sliced like french fries)
- 1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup soybeans
- 1 tablespoon oil (sesame or peanut)
- 1 green chilies, finely chopped (seed if you don't like heat)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (fresh, finely minced or grated)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- fresh coriander (to garnish)
Soak soy beans overnight. Rinse and drain.
Cook or pressure cook rice and soy beans till done.
While rice and beans cook, heat oil in pan.
Add chillies, ginger and cumin and stir fry for a few seconds.
Add eggplant and peas and cook till eggplant is done.
Add all seasonings and fold in cooked rice and beans.
Garnish with coriander. Serve hot.