Peta's Szechuan Noodles
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon vegetarian bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon szechuan hot bean sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2/3 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Meanwhile, heat a large, lightly oiled wok or skillet. Add and steam-fry the green (spring) onions and garlic for about 2 minutes. Add the water, broth powder, cornstarch, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, chili paste and sugar to the pan.
Stir until it boils.
Add the peanuts, cucumber and spinach. Stir quickly over high heat until everything is hot. Drain the pasta and add to the wok or skillet.
Toss quickly and serve immediately.