Sesame Noodles With Napa Cabbage
from: WI Cheesehead
From Vegetarian Times. Good hot or cold. I use Bragg's Liquid Amino Acids for the soy sauce. It's a lot lower sodium.
- 3 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or mirin
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes or 1/2 teaspoon chili sauce
- 10 ounces udon noodles or spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 lb napa cabbage, shredded (about 4 C)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Whisk together peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, sherry, vinegar, sugar and red pepper flakes in saucepan.
In separate pot, cook noodles according to pkg directions.
Meanwhile, place cabbage in colander over sink.
Warm sauce over medium-low heat.
Drain noodles over cabbage in colander to wilt cabbage.
Transfer noodles and cabbage to serving bowl, add sauce and toss to combine well.
Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.