Serving Size : 1
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 cloves garlic -- minced
- 3 bunches spinach -- washed and cut in
- 2 inch piece
- 1/2 cup vegetable dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar -- (or 2 teaspoons brown rice syrup)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger -- minced
- 3 tablespoons green onion -- minced
- 14 ounces firm tofu -- cubed
- 1 tablespoon hot chili paste
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed well with 2 tablespoons cold
- 6 cups rice -- cooked Cilantro to garnish.
1. In a small bowl, mash black beans with garlic, soy, wine, and
2. In a wok or large skillet, heat oil on high and add black
bean paste, ginger, and green onion.
Add tofu and turn gently.
Add chili paste and stock. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
Stir in cornstarch mixture and cook until sauce thickens.
Serve over rice, and garnish with cilantro.
Makes about 6 servings.