From: le corbusier
Soybeans are the poor men's steak, so my mother says. But this recipe tastes so good that you won't believe it's good for you. I guess this is what you'd call the Chinese version of spaghetti sauce.
- 1 cup onion, chopped finely
- 3-4 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup celery, chopped finely
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced up fine
- 1 cup cooked soybeans (soak them over night, and cook them boiling water for 10 min)
- 1 cup green onion
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- black pepper
- white pepper
Heat the pan, add oil.
Saute onion until you can smell the onion.
Add the celery and mushroom.
Saute all for about 2 more min.
Add the soybeans and green onion.
In a separate bowl, combine the soy sauce, broth, brown sugar and pepper.
Pour the yummy sauce over the frying pan.
Cook until the veggies are tender.
Serve over lo-mein or rice.