Spicy Peanut Noodles
Just like take out, but homemade and a lot healthier.
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1/2 cup low-fat creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoon chili paste, with garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally into 1/4 inch pieces about 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 lime wedges (optional)
Cook linguine according to package.
Meanwhile, combine peanut butter,1/4 cup water, soy sauce, vinegar, chili paste and sugar in large bowl; whisk until blended (if sauce to thick thin it with water should have consistency of cream).
Add linguine, bell pepper, cucumber and green onions and toss well.
Sprinkle with cilantro.
Serve with lime wedges if desired.