Szechuan Green Beans
From: I Cook Therefore I Am
This is from 1,000 Vegetarian Recipes.
SERVES 4 -6
- 3 tablespoons rice wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, slivered
- 1 tablespoon ginger, julienned
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 cups green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Stir together the rice wine, soy sace, sugar, and cornstarch.
Heat the vegetable oil over high heat and add the garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes.
Add the green beans and bell peppers and cook until tender.
Add the sauce mixture and bring to a boil, reduce heat and let thicken.