Coconut Tea Cake
From: Alice - Melbourne, Australia
30 - 35minutes
- 1/4 cup (60g) vegan margarine
- 1/2 cup (125g) caster sugar
- 1 serving egg sugstitute ("country harvest egg-like")
- 1/3 cup (85ml) soy milk
- 1 and 1/3 cups (200g) self raising flour
- 1 large apple ( half diced, and the other half sliced )
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon shredded coconut
Set oven at 190 degrees celcius
Cream margarine and sugar and mix in egg substitute
Add soy milk and flour alternately, 1/3 at a time, mixing lightly.
Add half the apple ( the diced half ), coconut and cinnamon, mix
Pour into pan and spread evenly.
Carefully arrange the sliced pieces of apple on the top of the
Using the topping mixture, rub margarine, coconut and brown sugar
together and sprinkle on top of the apple.
Bake in oven at 190 degrees celcius for 30-35 minutes.
Cool on cake cooler.
This tea cake can be made with any fruit, and coconut can be omitted.