From: emily anne
Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cocoa in a 2-quart saucepan.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups soymilk (I like to use one kind of high in fat like Edensoy
- because it makes the pudding really creamy)
- 2 Tbs. margarine (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chocolate liquor (also optional, but it makes it extra
Gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly,
until mixture thickens and boils.
Boil and stir 1 minute.
Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients.
You won't be able to taste the alcohol-just chocolate.
I think the heat of the pudding makes the alcohol evaporate.
I've made chocolate pudding with tofu before, but it is not nearly
It always has kind of a funny taste for me.
I think I used 1/4 cup cocoa and 1/2 cup sugar for one of those
large asceptic packages of Mori-nu tofu and blenderized it with
a little water or soy milk.