Chocolate Creme Cake
This is a wonderful recipe that I found on a recent issue of Vegetarian
The creator is Ron Pickarski.
I have tried it several times, and even though the inclusion of
the couscous might seem a tad unusual to most people, it tastes
quite good! Enjoy, everyone!
1. Toast the pecans and grind coarsely.
- 3/4 C pecan halves
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar or sucanat
- 1/4 C unsweetened cocoa
- 1 C couscous
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 10 oz. vegan chocolate chips
- 2 (10 1/2 oz) packages of firm lite silken tofu
- 3 TBSPS maple syrup
2. In a medium saucepan mix water, cocoa, couscous and sugar.
Simmer till thickened (5-10 min).
Remove from heat and add vanilla.
Spread into a 9 inch springform pan.
Sprinkle 1/4 cup of pecans on top.
3. Melt chips over low heat, stirring constantly.
Process along with maple syrup and tofu, until smooth.
Pour over couscous and top with remaining ground pecans.
4. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.