From: Claire Staveley-Smith, Chatteris, UK
Very simple to make and delicious to eat. Suitable for vegans.
- 8oz dried fruit - sutanas, apricots, prunes or a mixture of
- 8oz self-raising flour
- 6oz sugar ( you can use any type)
- 8floz cold tea
1. Soak the fruit for 6 hours or overnight.
2. Add the other ingredients and stir well.
3. Place in a 2lb loaf tin and cook at 180c for 1 hour or until
an inserted skewer emerges clean.
You can add a teaspoon of dried mixed spice to vary flavour or
experiment with different flavours of tea.