Filipino Vegetable Adobo
Another recipe from "The Philippine Cookbook". Serve with sticky rice.
- 2 lbs spinach or mustard greens (authentic is kangkong "swamp cabbage")
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (original calls for 1/2 cup!)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice or lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt (original calls for 1/2 tablespoon!)
- fresh ground black pepper
Wash and sort spinach or greens.
Separate leaves and cut stems into 1-inch lengths.
Saute garlic in oil, and when it is golden brown, add the spinach or greens, lemon or lime juice, soy sauce and salt.
Cover and bring to a boil. Add freshly ground pepper to taste. Serve hot with sticky rice.