Fresh Vegetable Lumpia
A Filipino all-time favorite. The traditional dish that best fits your feast
SERVES 4 -6 , 6 c
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 200 g jicama, chopped
- 200 g cabbage, chopped
- 100 g snow peas
- 100 g green beans
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 150 g firm tofu, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon food coloring
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a wok, heat oil and fry the garlic, onion, and parsley
- Add the jicama, carrots, snow peas and green beans then simmer for 3 minutes or until cooked and tender
- Add the cabbage then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter and the salt
- Add the food coloring (according to desired dullness of color).
- Add the tofu and the chickpeas then simmer for 1 minute.