adapted from Shape magazines's Champion Noodles
1. Blend sesame oil, chili oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, sugar
& salt in a small bowl.
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- chili oil or chili flakes, to taste
- 1¾ Tbsp soy sauce
- ¾ Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ pound fettucine noodles
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
2. Cook the noodles for 1 to 2 minutes, until tender, but still
Drain, rinse 2 or 3 times to cool, & put in a large mixing bowl.
3. Pour the seasoning mixture over the noodles.
Toss gently, then add the green onions & toss again.
Put aside at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
It is best if left for an hour, or overnight in the refrigerator.
To serve, toss again & garnish with more sliced green onions.