2 (Malay Vegetable Salad)
This is an ideal salad for vegetarians.
There are many vegans and lacto-vegans here, we are multireligious
I am myself a Christan of Portuguese/British descent, I was trained
at a UK university in Food and Nutrition (Tropical& Western Nutrition).
I also worked in K St NW Washington DC, my late father served as
an ambasaador there. SALAD
- 6 long beans (2 inch lengths)
- 1 small cut bean sprouts (tailed, washed, served raw)
- 2 pcs. tempeh (lightly fried, drained)
- 2 pcs. firm/hard tofu (tahu) (cubed, deepfried, drained.)
- 6 French beans (sliced)
- 2 small potatoes (boiled, cubed)
- 3 cabbage leaves (torn)
NB Sauce must be thick so add water gradually.
- 300g roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon sweet,dark soya sauce or molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon chillie powder (optional)
- 1 cup water (approximately)
1.Boil potatoes,cool and cube them.
2.Prepare other vegetables except beansprouts.
3.Steam vegetables,drain and cool.
4.Blend sauce ingredients,add water,adjust seasoning.
5.Arrange salad ingredients on a plate and pour over peanut sauce.
6.Serve immediately as sauce turns "runny" if kept too long.