Eyes (or Thai style rice with pepper and lime)
From Chris Hall
- Eugene, Oregon, USA
Perhaps this sort of recipe is common to cooks more familiar
with Thai food.
It was a great surprise to me.
I came back from the market hungry and so threw a little of everything
I had just bought into a wok.
It was fabulous! I hope you like it.
Fry lime leaf, galangal, garlic, onion, chilis, tofu in a little
oil for two or three minutes.
- 1 Lime leaf, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Galangal, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup Onion (I used yellow), diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilis, chopped
- 1/4 cup Tofu, diced
- 1 cup cooked rice, cooled
- 1 Tablespoon Soy (or tamari)
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut milk
- 1 slice Fresh lime, chopped carefully so as not to lose the
juice (including the rind!).
Add rice and fry for five minutes or so, until hot.
Stir in soy and coconut milk.
Take wok from heat and stir in the chopped fresh lime.