Salad (Lahb Het - Thai)
From: adam Wetstein
Soak dried mushrooms in boiling water for 10 mins.
- 10 dried mushrooms
- 1 c fresh mushrooms, diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 4-5 squirts soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1-2 tblsp dried coarsely ground chilis
- 2 tblsp roasted ground rice
- 1 stalk lemon grass, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2-3 green onions, finely chopped
- 4-5 bunches coriander, chopped
- 20 fresh mint leaves, chopped
Cut off and discard stems; dice heads.
In a small saucepan, combine dried and fresh mushrooms with a
few tablespoons water, lime juice, soy sauce, and sugar,
and cook 2 mins over high heat.
Turn heat down to medium, add dried ground chili, ground rice, and
lemon grass and cook another minute, until mixture begins to thicken.
Remove from heat, add shallots and stir.
Let sit until cool, then add green onions, coriander, and mint and