Spicy Mongolian Noodles
From: Happy Hippie
Found this recipe on the RecipesLive website. quick and easy and delicious.
- 300 g udon noodles, uncooked
- 1/3 cup water
- 20 ml grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced fresh
- 1 bunch green onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 120 g fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed & sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek (ground fresh chili paste)
- 315 g lite silken extra firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 4 cups bok choy, sliced, stalks removed
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Add the noodles and cook until tender; 8 to 10 minutes.
Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, place the 1/3 cup water, ginger and garlic in a large soup pot.
Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Add the onions and mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
Add the broth, soy sauce, and chili paste. Cover and bring to a boil.
Add the tofu and bok choy and cook for 2 minutes.
Turn off the heat and add the cooked noodles and cilantro.
Stir to mix.
Serve at once.