from Karen C.
Greenlee - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Serving Size: 4
Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat and saute
leeks for a minute.
- 3 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 large or 2 medium leeks, rinsed well and cut -- into 1/2"
- 1 small red or green bell pepper, seeded -- cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic -- minced
- 1/4 pound mushrooms -- thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons red chile paste or 4-6 fresh hot chiles -- minced
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow bean paste
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- cilantro sprigs for garnish
- rice or noodles
Add the eggplant and cook for 3 minutes, stirring well.
Add the bell pepper and garlic and stir for a few minutes more.
Add the mushrooms, stir, and saute for about 2 minutes.
Cover the pan, reduce the heat to medium low, and let cook for a few
Meanwhile, combine the red chile paste or chiles with the hot
water and stir with a fork until the paste is dissolved.
Stir in the bean paste, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar.
Add this sauce to the pan and toss well to distribute evenly.
Cover for a minute or two, then add the cilantro, stir, and cover
for 1 minute more.
Taste and add salt, soy sauce, or vinegar to taste if necessary.
Serve over rice or noodles.