Noodles w/Peanut Basil Sauce
From: Karen C.
Recipe By: Basil: An Herb Lover's Guide, Susan Belsinger;
Serving Size: 4
Trim snow peas and cut in half diagonally.
- 1 cup fresh snow pea pods
- 1 9 oz. pkg. refrigerated fettuccine
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (not cream!)
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 cup bean sprouts -- divided
- 1 cup firmly packed Thai basil leaves -- shredded & divided
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts -- chopped
- red pepper flakes, peanuts, lime wedges
Bring water to a boil in a large heavy saucepan; add snow peas,
and cook 45 seconds.
Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process.
Drain and set aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Whisk together coconut milk and next 8 ingredients in a large
Cook over medium-low heat, whisking occasionally, about 5 minutes
or until mixture is thoroughly heated.
Add snow peas, hot cooked pasta, 3/4 cup bean sprouts, and 3/4 cup
Toss and place on a serving platter.
Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup bean sprouts, remaining 1/4 cup
basil, and 1/4 cup chopped peanuts.
Serve with assortment of condiments.