From: Gray Leader
This is one of the best potato dishes ever! Enjoy...
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 3 lbs. Small new white or red potatoes
- 6 T. margarine
- 3 T. olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 c. chopped parsley
- 1 T. minced fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp. dried
- 1-1/2 tsp. minced fresh or crushed rosemary
- 1-1/2 tsp. paprika
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
Scrub potatoes and pat dry.
If they are large, cut them in quarters or halves.
In a large roasting pan, melt margarine in the oil over moderate
Add garlic, parsley, thyme, rosemary, paprika and cayenne.
Add potatoes and roll them in the seasoned margarine to coat well.
Bake, basting the potatoes occasionally with the margarine,
for about 40 minutes, or until tender.
Season with the salt and pepper.
Yield: 8-10 servings as a side dish.
Note: I cut the margarine and oil in half to cut back on fat,
and it comes out fine.