From: Jeff Fellows
Any German-philes able to confirm this is the stuff???
If it ain't it sure looks good ;-)
1. Heat 1/2 cup water and chocolate.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tbsp caraway seeds} I leave the seeds
- 1 tbsp dill seeds } out because my
- 1 tsp fennel seeds } hubby doesn't like the flavor
- 3 cups rye flour
- approx 3 cups all purpose flour
Stir until chocolate is melted. Cool to lukewarm
2. Dissolve sugar in 1 1/2 cup warm water.
Sprinkle yeast over and let stand 10 minutes or until foaming.
3. Stir in chocolate mixture, molasses, oil, seeds, salt and rye
Beat until smooth
4. Add enough all purpose flour to make a soft dough
5. Knead. Let double in bulk.
Punch down and shape.
Let double again.
6. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for about 30 minutes.