A combination of many different gazpacho recipes, but with no
blending. First derived from my mothers recipe.
- 1 sm. summer squash diced
- 1 cucumber diced
- 2 med. tomatoes diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 red onion chopped fine
- 1/4 c. green onion
- 1 can cut baby corn -- drained (save the water)
- 1 carrot scliced thinnly
- 1 stalk celery thinnly sliced
- 2 cloves galic minced
- 1.5 litres V-8 (about 6 cups)
- water from baby corn
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. vegan worcestershire sauce
- tobasco sause --to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients in a large soup tourine.
Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Thats the basic recipe --any of your favorite vegetables can
be used, also fresh herbs and spices can be added to suit your
Tomatoe juice can be used instead of V-8, but vegetable cocktails
tend to give ths recipe more zing.