Green Bean and Red Onion Salad With Warm Cider Vinaigrette
From Bon Appétit (Feb 2001). This suprisingly easy and delicious salad will impress any dinner guest! You can also use cider insead of the juice.
- 1/2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 6 ounces green beans, trimmed, cut in half on deep diagonal
- 4 cups packed baby greens (about half of 4.5-ounce package)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 large radishes, trimmed, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped bread-and-butter pickle (optional)
Boil apple concentrate in small saucepan over medium heat until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk in vinegar, oil, mustard, and mustard seeds. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Rewarm before using.).
Cook beans in medium pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes; drain well. Transfer beans to large bowl; cool slightly.
Add greens, onion, radishes, and pickles. Toss with enough vinaigrette to coat.