Mediterranean Vegetables with Couscous
From: Karen C.
Serving Size : 4
Preheat grill. Brush both sides of eggplants, squash, and bell peppers
with garlic oil.
- 2 baby or Japanese eggplants, ends trimmed -- halved lengthwise
- 2 small zucchini, ends trimmed -- halved lengthwise
- 2 small yellow squash, ends trimmed -- halved lengthwise
- 1 large red bell pepper -- quartered
- 1 large yellow bell pepper -- quartered
- 2 to 3 tbsp. garlic infused olive oil*
- 1 14.5 oz can vegetable broth
- 1 cup couscous
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon porcini, basil, or rosemary infused olive oil (optional)
Arrange vegetables on grill rack over medium-hot coals.
Grill until tender, turning once, about 10-12 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan.
Stir in couscous; remove from heat.
Cover and let stand until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
Spoon couscous onto 4 serving plates and top with grilled vegetables.
Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Drizzle with flavored oil if desired.
NOTES: *If garlic infused olive oil is not available, substitute
3 tbsp. olive oil combined with 2 cloves of minced garlic.