I have found this recipe on a french vegetarian forum (http://vegeweb.org) and I fell in love with it. It's amazing on rye bread, crackers, melba toast or on top of breaded tofu.
SERVES 6 -12
- 2 tablespoons flaked dulse seaweed
- 1 tablespoon flaked wakame seaweed
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 small cornichons, finely diced (mini-pickles)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped capers
- 2 teaspoons tamari soy sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
Mix all the ingredients in a medium bowl.
Let sit in the fridge for at least a couple of hours.
Serve room temperature to avoid solidification of the olive oil.