SERVES 6 -8
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 15 ounces navy beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large pot, saute the onion, carrot, and zucchini in the olive oil for 5-7 minute Add tomato paste, chili pepper, parsley, and nutmeg.
Saute for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, simmer 15 minutes.
Serve alone or over pasta, grains, or mashed potatoes.