from Dianne Wawrzyniak-Marshall
- email@example.com - New Jersey, USA
From "Dianne's Delectables: Gourmet Delights" cookbook, where flavors
are exquisite and dining is an adventure.
By Dianne Wawrzyniak-Marshall
Oh wow, this sauce is incredible! I use this over my recipe,
" Spelt Sensation" (cake).
Place sucanat, milk, syrup, extract and salt into saucepan.
- 1 cup sucanat sugar
- 1 cup unenriched, vanilla soymilk (Eden Foods)
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup (very sweet variety)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 pinches French sea salt
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon distilled water
- 2 tablespoons Spectrum Naturals spread (made with canola oil,
Combine arrowroot and water in measuring cup or small bowl. This
is called a slerri.
Over medium flame, bring sucanat mixture to a boil while whisking.
Reduce flame and simmer for 3-minutes while whisking.
Using a thermometer, bring temperature to 190 degrees. As soon
as this happens, add the arrowroot mixture.
Whisk only to dissolve. Do not stir after this. Take off the heat
and whisk in Spectrum Naturals.
Store in Tupperware container and refrigerate for 2 weeks.
- Sauce will thicken beautifully after an hour or so.
- While the sauce is on medium flame, you want to watch it closely.
If you are not careful, it can boil over!