Resource Center - Boston, USA
Heat oil in heavy pan over high heat.
- 500g potatoes finely chopped (1cm dice)
- 1 large brown onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds (regular are good too)
- large pinch ground asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground corianders
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon amchur (ground dried mango)
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper. (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Add asafoetida, cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
When seeds splutter add onion and cook until slightly browned.
Add potatoes and garlic.
Stir until lightly browned.
Add spices. lower heat and cook until potatoes are soft.
add other vegetables (zucchini, beans, peas etc) when you add the