Hot Marinated Tofu & Veggie Kabobs
Marinade time: 4 hours
1. Combine all ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and
marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- 1 lb. extra-firm tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 9 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (for milder mix 1/2 and 1/2 French dressing)
- 1 cup thawed orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup liquid sweetener of choice, eg: maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 4 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Other vegetables of choice: zucchini, small potatoes, eggplant,
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Cooking spray
Remove tofu from bag, reserving marinade.
Thread the tofu, bell pepper cubes, and lime wedges (if desired) onto
2. Prepare grill or broiler.
Place skewers on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray;
cook 4 minutes on each side or until done, basting frequently with
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 kebab).