Frisee Salad with Grilled Sweet Potatoes
From: emily anne
Wash sweet potatoes and boil in water until cooked ¾ through, about
20 to 25 minutes.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peel on
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 2 heads frisée lettuce, curly endive, romaine lettuce, or a
- 1/2 cup olive or peanut oil
- 5 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped chervil
- 1 teaspoon toasted poppy seeds
- 4 tangerines, peeled and sectioned
- Salt and pepper
Cool and slice ¼" thick.
Do not peel.
For marinade, combine oil, soy sauce, garlic, sugar, and parsley sprigs
in a resealable plastic bag.
Add sweet potato slices, turning to coat.
Close bag and marinate 6 to 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally
to distribute marinade.
Wash greens and separate from core.
Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
In large bowl, combine oil, wine, honey mustard, vinegar, chervil,
and poppy seeds.
Add tangerine slices and toss to coat.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add greens and toss.
Remove sweet potato slices from marinade and place in center of
Grill until warm, about 8 minutes, turning once halfway through
Set aside and keep warm.
Arrange salad on large platter and garnish with grilled sweet