From: Gail Joslin, South Africa
Mix in a large bowl:
Warm together in a saucepan (DO NOT BOIL):
- 4 cups oats
- 2 cups of wheat flakes (Weetabix etc)
- 1/2 (half) cup raisins
- 1/2 (half) cup nuts - chopped, any kind
- 1 cup wheatgerm (optional)
- 1/2 (half) cup barley malt powder (if obtainable - not necessary,
- 1/2 (half) cup ground sunflower seeds
- 1 Tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 Tablespoon linseeds
- 1 Tablespoon ground sesame seeds
Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- 1/2 (half) cup coldpressed oil (whatever you like - I use sunflower)
- 1/2 (half) cup barley malt syrup
Store in a container with a lid.
Use as needed with fresh fruit, soya or nut milk or fruit juice.
NOTE: any of the nuts, seeds, grains, etc can be increased.
I also like to add chopped dried dates, figs, apricots, pears, etc
- whatever is available and that appeals to you.
Enjoy! This is a very satisfying start to a day, and keeps you
going until lunch time.