With Broccoli Rabe
Recipe By: Eating Well, October 1996; Serving Size : 4
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- 1 pound broccoli rabe -- trimmed, --washed & cut into 1-inch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic -- peeled --and thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked chick peas
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper -- to taste
Add the broccoli rabe and cook until almost tender, about 5 minutes.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat.
Add garlic and stir until pale golden, about 1 minute.
Stir in chickpeas, red-pepper flakes and 1/2 cup water.
Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in the broccoli rabe and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.
Serve hot or at room temperature.
Makes about 4 cups, for 4 servings.
175 calories per serving: 9 grams protein, 6 grams fat (0.8 gram
saturated fat), 25 grams carbohydrate; 485 mg sodium; 0 mg cholesterol;
9 grams fiber.