From: Chris French
Pour the boiling water over the bulgar wheat, leave it for about
20 minutes to absorb the water.
- 200g (7oz) Bulgar wheat
- 330ml (12 fl oz) boiling water
- 50 ml (2 fl oz) olive oil
- 50 ml (2 fl oz) lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped/crushed
- Handful parsley, handful coriander (cilantro), bit less mint
all chopped up.
- 450g (1Lb) Tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 Cucumber diced
Mix oil, lemon juice and garlic together, pour over the bulgar wheat
and leave overnight if possible.
Add the herbs, toms and cucumbers, mix together and eat.
You can vary the herbs to taste (some people don't like coriander,
poor people), but don't stint.
I tend to make it up as I go along, but other than soaking the
bulgar wheat the quantities are very flexible .