Greek. A nice stifado perfect during lent. It can be served as an appetizer or pasta sauce. Anyway is still tasty!
- 500 g small mushrooms, wiped clean left whole
- 250 g white pearl onions, peeled left whole
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper
In a pot heat olive oil anD cook onion and garlic stirring for 3-4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and the onions.
Cook in high heat for 5-6 minutes. Add the wine and after 2 minutes the tomatoes. Salt and pepper stirring carefully.
Transfer the onions and mushrooms in a pyrex and cook in a preheated oven at 390F for 45 minutes.