from the July (1998?) Issue of Vegetarian Times; serves 8
In large bowl, combine bulgur and salt.
- 1 1/2 C. bulgur wheat
- 1-2 t. salt
- 2 C. boiling water
- 1/4 C. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 C. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 C. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 C. finely chopped fresh mint
- 4 C. chopped strawberries
- 1 C. toasted pecan pieces
Add boiling water, cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
Remove cover and fluff with fork.
Stir in lemon and oil.
Add parsley, mint and strawberries.
Cover and refrigerate.
When ready to serve, add toasted pecans and toss to mix, or serve
with pecans sprinkled on top.