This salad of bulgur and fresh mint is a specialty of Rachel's
Place bulgur in large bowl.
- 2 cups bulgur (cracked wheat)
- 1 large bunch parsley
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 4 green onions
- 3/4 pound tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Pour enough warm water over to cover generously.
Let stand until bulgur softens, about 15 minutes.
Drain well, pressing out excess water.
Return bulgur to same large bowl.
Meanwhile, finely chop parsley, mint and green onions in processor.
Mix in tomatoes, then lemon juice, oil and cumin.
Season generously with salt and pepper.
(Can be made 3 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)